When was the last time you had an oral cancer screening? Every year, thousands of patients are diagnosed with oral cancer in the United States. However, we are happy to announce that treating oral cancer can be much simpler when it is detected early. Dr. Garcia and Dr. Gortari provide oral cancer screenings during dental checkups to help patients maintain excellent oral and general health.
If you have concerns about the presence of oral cancer but are not due for your next dental checkup, you can take some time to examine your oral health and look for some symptoms of oral cancer. Here are some questions to consider:
– Can you see visible damage in your mouth that occurred without obvious cause, such as lumps and bumps, rough patches, areas of erosion, or lesions that persist beyond two weeks?
– When you have oral bleeding, does it usually fail to clot easily?
– Do any areas of your mouth, face, head or neck feel numb or without feeling?
– Has a constant sore throat or a feeling like there is a lump in your throat developed, or do you struggle to speak, eat, chew and swallow?
– Have you recently lost a dramatic amount of weight unexpectedly?
If your answer to any of these questions is “yes,” we encourage you to contact Oasis Family Dental at 956-661-1000 today for an oral cancer screening in McAllen, Texas. Our dentists and team are committed to helping you maintain ideal oral and overall health!